Kurzner PC attorneys counsel clients involved in all aspects of real estate law, including construction and commercial financing, mortgage lending, acquisition and sales of commercial real estate. Kurzner PC attorneys have successfully represented residential and commercial developers and commercial landlords in disputes concerning properties such as apartment complexes, hotels, office buildings, shopping centers, industrial sites, mixed use developments, condominium developments, and residential and commercial subdivisions.
In addition to providing advice on regulatory issues, Kurzner PC successfully has prosecuted and defended lawsuits on behalf of its clients in the real estate industry regarding both residential and commercial properties. Some of our successes include:
- Defense of a homeowners’ association in personal injury litigation.
- Representation of a partnership in litigation involving multi-million dollar annual tax credits relating to the development of low-income apartment housing and the attempted usurpation of a control by the limited partner.
- Prosecution of a landlord’s claims against commercial tenants in default and collection actions.
- Deceptive trade practices cases, both in prosecution and defense. These actions frequently involve fraud or misrepresentation in connection with the sale of real estate or the construction of single- and multiple-family dwellings and commercial structures.
- Representation of developer in defense of actions related to the sale of condominiums and prosecution of claims against a buyer and title company for violations of the DTPA and for fraud in a real estate transaction.
Our real estate clients face increasing complex regulatory schemes. In addition, the real estate market’s uncertainty can create serious conflicts that may threaten a business’s or developer’s ability to survive. Kurzner PC attorneys have the skills, knowledge, and experience to help their clients navigate the storm of the market or the regulatory scheme.